What are the benefits of net metering?
As one of the fastest-growing solar installers in Tampa, net metering is something we get asked about all the time. So, I thought it would be good to write an article about it and the benefits of net metering:
With a well-designed solar PV system, net metering can help you – as a homeowner – save money on electricity bills and earn credit or money from your utility, depending on where you live and your utility’s net metering regulations.
If you’re considering solar and want to learn more about it to make sure it’s the best decision for your home, it’s important to take a bit of time to learn about net metering.
In a previous article, I wrote about the basics of net metering and how it works with your solar panels to maximize your solar benefits. In this article, I’ll discuss the benefits of net metering.
The Benefits of Net Metering
- Reduce the amount of money you spend each year on energy.
- Earn credits, rewards, and even money for producing more electricity than you consume.
- Pay off your solar system faster, making a faster ROI period.
- Improve your electrical reliability by reducing strain on the power grid.
- Participate in producing usable green energy thereby reducing the need for the production of energy by burning fossil fuels.
Ricardo Del Sol
Editor, Expert Solar